Saturday, August 11, 2012

6th Bead Soup Blog Party - 2nd Reveal

FINALLY!!  The 2nd reveal of Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party!  

Just a refresher...My partner is Jenni Connolly of Victoria, Australia! Jenni sent me this fantabulous bead soup!  I was giddy when I saw this focal:


And I'm not a red girl, or a heart girl now that I think about it...but this resin & copper heart is gorgeous!


And the rest of the delicious ingredients:


Jenni's own lampwork, copper chain, clasp, cord ends and red coral, labradorite and gray sari silk.


Now, on to the main event!!

The day my soup arrived, I had just come back from a girly outing which consisted of picking up the dress shown to wear to my next show...as soon as I opened my soup package, I knew "other forces" were at work and that I had to create a piece to wear with this dress!

Oh, where do I start?  Jenni's gifted labradorite, coral rounds, gray silk and connectors.  From there things went a little crazy, and everything but the kitchen sink wound up on this piece.  Branch coral, druzy, pearls, tribal charms, souvenir spoon bowl, antique lace, Zambia coin, quartz point, salwag, tree branch from a fallen tree in my back yard, and lots of waxed linen!!  

Big, bold and not for wallflowers!  I know it's not everyone's taste or style, and it's a little busy to say the least, but I love HUGE jewelry and I'm in LOVE with it!!  Did I mention I live in a tiny-rural-farmland-southern-the place that time forgot-town?  Guess where my next show is?  As my husband so kindly stated:  "Baby, you are going to get a lot of strange looks, prayers said for you, and too many "Bless your hearts" to count!"  My reply was "How is that different from any other day?"  Him..."you win!" ;)



Next up was using the focal...


Again, I wanted different...and this WIDE cuff  bracelet was born!  I drilled another hole in to the focal and went to work sewing and beading.  There's some more of Jenni's sari silk, coral and labradorite, as well as quite a few antique buttons, lace, copper chain/charm.  I love the tattered feel of it!


I couldn't neglect the awesome lampwork beads, copper chain/clasp that Jenni sent me.  After two "busy" pieces, I toned it down a bit...but kept it large (I usually only ever wear one piece of jewelry at a time, and tend to gravitate towards a bold piece).

My own floral polymer clay focal in gray & terracotta & Jenni's lampwork bead hangs on a tree branch from my yard (fell during those nasty storms that affected almost the entire east coast) that has been dried, painted, sealed and drilled.  I added the hand forged chain and clasp from my soup.  I've already worn this and received LOTS of compliments!  


And a simple pair of copper/lampwork earrings:


I had a bracelet put together that used the remaining lampwork, but I just wasn't happy with it, and took it apart last night...it just didn't do Jenni's beads any justice!!


So, that wraps up my BSBP reveal.  As always, it was so much fun!  Thank you Lori for all the hard work and attention to detail a swap of this size entails!! 

Now, run along and check out all of the other participants in the 2nd reveal!!



Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things

Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux 
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade 
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs 
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure 
Amy Severino, Amy Beads 

Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess 
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate 
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads 
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios 
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners

Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Brandy McNair, Bella Vita Handmade Jewelry 
 Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry 
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads 

 Collette Collins, Fire Fly Myst Artisan Jewelry
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul 
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead


Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas 
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio


Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine 
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier 
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads


Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations 
 Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element 
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae


Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders


Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place


 Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8 
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
 Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs


Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle


Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads


Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends 


Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art



73 comments:

  1. I have always been a fan of your polymer clay beads, they exude feminine charm...but this necklace is awesome! It has an attitude and I love it! It is definitely a piece of art! I would wear it in a heart beat.

    The cuff bracelet is simply divine. You are so creative. And your new line of polymer clay bead looks beautiful with the lampwork bead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love all your pieces. I'm drawn to the last two simpler pieces though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tania..you are so creative..I need a leaf from your tree! Each of your pieces so original and complex! I love them all and how you have made them so interesting adding lots of different elements...so brave! You are an artist, girl! The heart looks so perfect on the cuff...something I am yet to try but really want to! Thanks for being my partner,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!! I LOVE those earrings. I so want a pair like that! And that big red heart.. I only hope you get only good comments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't where to start..except to say I'm speechless. Seriously, your designs are fabulous. I love the big, bold, in-your-face vibe of your jewellery - that first necklace is stunning; it looks like it belongs in an art museum or a gallery. Add me to the list of pp who've complimented you on the 2nd necklace. That polymer clay focal is beautiful, and so delicate-looking. And I love your earrings - nothing simple about it at all. The minimalist design really showcases the beauty of Jenni's beads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your heart-necklace and I'm not a heart girl either ;-D Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,Wow,Wow totally love all your creation, amazing work

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I love that too. I am usually quite conservative, but with that PERFECT dress that piece sings!
    I really adore what you are doing with PC these days, those beads in the 'cake decorating' style ( I think you called it?) are beautiful~ I would totally wear that piece. Lovely work Tania, you make VA proud girl "bless your heart" :-)
    ~Tammie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wide cuff bracelet with the awesome red heart. I also like the simple copper earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow, wow Tanya! What a gorgeous soup you received. I think your bold necklace is stunning! What creativity you've shown with all of your pieces. I admire your cuff bracelet, I couldn't pull of wearing something like it, but I'll be you'll look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Cow these pieces are amazing! My jaws dropped open with every one. That first necklace is just amazing--what a stunning piece and surely a great conversation starter! And I can't get over that amazing resin heart. The color is beautiful, as is the cuff you made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your work! Love! Totally relate, we live in a small town! You go girl!

    Such a joy to look at! Absolutely amazing! :-) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I am SO a heart girl!!...and I would have been over the moon too at that soup! And you have completely done it justice; although I likely wouldn't be able to carry it off, I envy those like you who can~completely! Wonderful bracelet with the focal especially, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Alice - My jaw just kept dropping open. What beautiful pieces of wearable art!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your necklace is PERFECT with the dress. Isn't is amazing how these things work out?

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!! Your jewellry is stunning!!! Totally love everything...and the colors are just devine with your dress...;-))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously how fricking awesome are these designs!! So different I love them all, I cannot choose a fav. I mean I love that focal you made but that first necklace is really stunning too. Man have you got it going on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh heavens, I was snorting over your convo with hubby! But the thing is, even if they don't 'get' your style, what they do get to see is that you are such a versatile designer, that you can create these big, bold pieces, and something they can wear as well. I love the fact that you can wear statement pieces, I'm not quite that brave. I really do love the look of all three pieces, and especially the 'tree branch from the yard' part! Totally zoomed in on those cord ends, and I like the way you used them. I think you had a very successful soup, and wish you much success on the upcoming show.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The first two pieces are amazing! Not that the remaining pieces are not, but those first two pieces....WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. AWESOME design work! Those earrings are simple and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it, I LOVE IT ALL!!
    Now, are you sure there's no kitchen sink in that necklace? ;) I would totally wear it kitchen sink or not. It's really fabulous. And that cuff!!! goodness gracious. I'm not a heart-girl either, but you've made it so much more than that. Really super!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I. SO. WANT that first necklace. That's my sort of piece! Holy cow, I wish I had your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, Oh Wow..that first necklace is crazy gorgeous..i love it..and was laughing over your Hubs comment..Bless your heart..lol..i would have been a bit stumpted over how to work that red heart..but your idea worked great..all your pieces are lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool designs! The first is the best!!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your style is so unique earthy, funky but chic. Love all the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning! Really enjoyed seeing all the details of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, knocked my socks off!. Love your designs! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  28. All of them are GORGEOUS.I love them all

    ReplyDelete
  29. Every piece is absolutely Wonderful !
    I LOVE your style!!!
    The way that first necklace "goes with" your dress,is
    proof there is a special bead energy in present in the universe ! ;)
    Delicious soup !
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Let me just say hi to another big and bold jewelry lover like myself!! I get a lot of commentary on my tastes in jewelry, but I just love making a statement ;)

    And may I say, that necklace you created SCREAMS statement piece! I'm pretty sure I'm in love with it ^.^

    Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm in love with ALL of your work! You have such a unique style that I'm drawn to. Fabulous job :)

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness you knocked my socks off with that first piece. It grab me at "Hello"; from a person who loves big, bold and statement pieces! You created some awe inspiring pieces there from the soup goodies that Jenni sent you. I am drooling here :) Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  32. over the top cool! love the cuff also.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous! Just gorgeous. each piece is stunning. I love them ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your creations are so detailed! It's hard to pick out one thing that I like about them most. I love the modern but earthy feel of your design work. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow...wow... just left speachless by your designs
    can I like... um... have them? Dang, you got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Who showed up who?! I love the contrast between the first and second necklace. Energy and serenity! The cuff bracelet is great and the "simple" earring design is spectacular! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very spectacular pieces!Beautiful design,lovely colors!Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fantastic work, love your polymer focal and the details in the designs are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fantastic and the wire work details are great, love your polymer focal, would wear that necklace all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. With such striking colours you needed to match striking talent and you have pulled it off well.Lovely lovely lovely.(and professional enough to not show a piece you are not 100% happy with even though it was done....Awesome) Love and Hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great soup. I love your wire work!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the soup and the designs you created from it! The first necklace and bracelet are awesome; very eclectic. I also like the clean lines of the other necklace and earrings. Beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very unique, but I love them all!!! I really like that bracelet!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I really love your pieces, but I wanted to say that I particularly love the purple focal you sent to your partner, Jenni. Maybe it's because I'm a geologist, but I see a beautiful meandering river in that piece, and I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love Big and bold, how serendipidous the dress and necklace are perfect together and I love it!! I am wowed by every piece, love cuffs and yours is amazing, you are so right about the heart. Also I am totally inspired by your simple lampwork earrings. I love the wire setting, very unique. Have to follow you now. You are an inspiring jewelry artist!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. My personal style is small and dainty, but i absolutely love all of your pieces! Gorgeous designs!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Look at you go girl! so Bohemian inspired :) I love all the textures you have through out your pieces - just amazing work (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  48. I usually go for smaller pieces but after seeing your work I might have to change my mind. That first necklace is over the top amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  49. my goodness! i cant decide which i love most. the necklaces are amazing but the earrings... oh the earrings. to die for. beautiful work! ~diana

    ReplyDelete
  50. Total incredible work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  51. WOW! Such great designs, absolutely gorgeous pieces. Bright, vibrant colors. Great work:)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh, such beautiful creations!! Love your floral bead as well! Awesome job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great pieces - but the last necklace and earrings I love the most - just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  54. That first necklace is a work of art! And how awesome it looks with that dress! I am in awe of the creative vision in all of your pieces ... brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi Tania,
    Wow I love all of your pieces they are awesomely beautiful. The first necklace and cuff are amazing and go well with your outfit. My favorite is the second necklace and the earrings they are simple and gorgeous.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  56. Ohmygosh drop dead way gorgeousssss! I luv ur blog & designs!!! From a follower!
    <3
    Shanti

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wow! Big, bold and tribal... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  58. love the soup you received and yhe work you did with it!
    beautiful pieces, I love your style!
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love that you went BIG! Really beautiful pieces and your work is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  60. What a gifted artist you are! Love the necklace that yu made!

    ReplyDelete
  61. You are a gifted artist - I agree with The Cabby Crafter. Love the little limb and love those copper twisted clasp links, etc. Just beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Gorgeous pieces...I think you are right...forces at work. Very unique and beautiful...you did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. These pieces just sung to me, especially the first one and I'm usually not one for "busy".

    ReplyDelete
  64. Big, bold and beautiful, great job and I love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  65. You are a top shelf artist. All of your designs are eclectic. I'm not a big & bold person, but I love what you did. My favorite is the one with the tree branch & your lovely polymer focal.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Wow, these a really different designs very unique!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  67. What a great set of creations, love them all! The first necklace is absolutely perfect for that dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  68. What a delightful combination of elements go into your designs! I'm not a huge fan of red either, but you've mixed the colors to where red is somewhere between a theme and one of several color elements. The other colors in your pieces mean the reds look great and are not overpowering! And I just love the original designs!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Go big or go home! I love the cuff bracelet with the heart. The red against the muted tones really pops. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Gorgeous pieces! The fist necklace is definitly my favourite one!

    ReplyDelete